What is cloud ERP?
The term cloud seems interesting and mind you it is, considering its involvement in almost everything connected with our daily lives making things user-friendly and futuristic. But today we are talking about cloud ERP India and its deployment, so let us see if we can connect both in this blog.
So, the concept of the cloud-based system is that it can be accessed via the internet. Whenever you access email, read the news, watch a video, or check your bank account, you are accessing the cloud. You do not acquire the platforms but you can log in and visit anytime, anywhere, as long as you are connected to the internet.
The process is the same for cloud based ERP in India or anywhere in the world. Instead of email or videos, you are accessing the ERP system along with your employees.
How SaaS is connected to cloud ERP software?
Cloud ERP system is provided by a vendor to a business as a service, mostly known as Software as a Service or SaaS. In return for the service, businesses pay a subscription fee, on a yearly or monthly basis. You can cancel or extend your plan as per your need.
The vendor has full ownership of the license and the hardware, so the burden of maintenance, upgrades, and security of the cloud based ERP system in India also falls on the vendor. It is undoubtedly a headache for the vendors but a relief for the business. They are relieved from this task and can focus entirely on their core business.
Why do you need cloud ERP?
The world is under the cloud cover as we all know. Pun intended, however, it is a fact that most of our daily activities are taken to the cloud.
More so, in a recent survey, the cloud market is forecasted to be worth $832.1 billion by 2025 which was $371.4 billion back in 2020. The acceleration is so rapid that the cloud service spending grew 35 percent between 2020 and 2021. Today, more than 60 percent of organizations use the cloud to store their data.
But why this transition?
The changing business ecosystem over time gave rise to several factors like digitization, remote workforce, reliance on data, uncertainty, and so on. Businesses are looking for all these advantages to keep up with the evolving market.
Here is how cloud ERP India, benefits businesses.
- Lower IT cost – You can reduce IT spending and focus on core business by right-sizing cloud-based ERP software resources to your organization’s needs.
- Better security – Cloud solutions allow businesses to implement best practices for governance and security policies, leveraging the latest in IT infrastructure and cybersecurity.
- Staying intact with the future – On-premise solutions have a limited lifespan. Sooner or later, the hardware and software that are essential to the operation of your business will eventually fail.
- New technologies and capabilities – With cloud-based ERP software in India, you can enable the utilization of AI and machine learning, freeing up resources for growth-driving activities.
- Digital transformation – Many organizations are transitioning away from legacy systems, and cloud computing on the other hand supporting the transitioning of this process.
- Remote accessibility – The cloud-based ERP systems in India are accessible from any internet-connected device, providing real-time insights and visibility for your team regardless of their location.
Explain cloud ERP deployment
Deploying cloud ERP software in India is the installation of a cloud ERP system, migrating data to the new software, configuring the system with the existing business processes, and training the users on the system navigation.
Mostly, organizations hire an integration partner for the implementation of the ERP system. The integration partner optimizes and installs the software as per your needs. They also set up the parameters for the hosting. Choosing the ideal team for implementing a cloud-based ERP system in India is as important as selecting the right software.
In how many ways cloud ERP can be deployed
The cloud ERP deployment type speaks a lot about the cloud ERP system.
- Hosted – For a hosted cloud ERP deployment, the user owns the software but not the hardware to host the system. The software runs through a terminal server which is managed through a remote desktop.
Since the cloud ERP India is not running on your system it eventually reduces your workstation cost. Moreover, the hosted provider takes care of your data and ensures that it is available from multiple hosting facilities during emergencies.
- Private Cloud – Another way of deploying your cloud based ERP system in India is through the private cloud. In this method, the vendor provides a one-on-one environment for a single customer. They do not share the hardware with other customers.
This model allows users to use the system within a specified border. Hence, it offers better control to the users and can support legacy systems and customizations if needed. Since the system is managed only by the user, the cloud ERP system provides better security and privacy. There is however a disadvantage, the vendor team will not be responsible for any maintenance and upgrades of the system. The user must bring in a separate team for this task.
- Public cloud – Public cloud ERP deployment is the most commonly used deployment process. Here the cloud services are provided to the public over the internet. Unlike private cloud, vendors in public cloud deployment provide services to multiple users. This is an ideal choice for the business as it requires lesser upfront costs. Moreover, the vendor takes care of all the upgrades, maintenance, and security of the cloud-based ERP software in India.
- Single tenant – In a single-tenant environment, each customer’s data and interactions are kept separate from other customers. This means that customer data is not stored in the same database, eliminating any possibility of mixing up different companies’ data within a single database.
There are numerous benefits to using a single-tenant deployment which allows for a greater separation of data. The foremost advantage is data security. Since the data is isolated, the risk of disruptions or breaks that could affect multiple customers is minimized. Additionally, users have more customization options compared to a multi-tenant deployment because each customer has dedicated software and hardware for their instance. Finally, portability may be easier under this deployment since it is easier to migrate data from a single-tenant architecture due to the reduced complexity involved.
Single-tenant deployment is not always the best choice for businesses due to the added complexity of setup and management. With this deployment model, the vendor creates a separate database for each customer, which can be costly since resources are expended for each tenant rather than serving multiple tenants stored in a single database.
- Multi-tenant – In this deployment model, the data of the cloud ERP India, although stored in the same database, is not visible to other users. Due to this facility, the same system is used to process all the data.
This deployment model has its fair share of benefits. It provides easy deployability. This is the most essential feature as it makes it easy to develop and deploy programs faster and scale applications quickly. It offers efficient resource usage as it is shared with multiple users. Finally, it is less expensive to build and maintain comparatively.
However, let us not ignore the disadvantages while glorifying the positives. There could be security risks to the business as other clients are using the system. However, numerous public companies and mostly the heavyweights in the world trust multi-tenant deployment of cloud ERP software in India, and hence it is well-proven.
Conventional cloud ERP deployment with WrkPlan
As mentioned earlier, selecting the right provider is as crucial as choosing the right software. When you are planning to implement cloud ERP in India, there will be numerous factors and methods, you must keep note of.
The best way of dealing with this situation is to hire a team that will take care of the entire deployment process of the cloud ERP system.
WrkPlan is a cloud ERP in Kolkata, that has an experienced team that would support your business in deploying the system within the mentioned time. They have a great support team for all technical issues. WrkPlan will analyze your business needs and offer you the most suitable deployment model at the best cost.
Sign up with WrkPlan for a cloud ERP demo in Kolkata, or dial 1-800-120-2449 and connect with their sales team today.